Hummus Baked Chicken with Feta and Vegetable Orzo is a delicious and healthy home cooked meal made easy and convenient!
A tasty and complete home cooked meal has never been so easy!
HUMMUS BAKED CHICKEN
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Hummus Baked Chicken with Feta and Vegetable Orzo is not only a super delicious meal for two with incredible Mediterranean flavors, but it literally only took minutes to put together
Tell me more about this Hummus Baked Chicken!
Well, my only disappointment was that I didn’t come up with this recipe myself. Seriously, the entire meal was fabulous!
The recipe started with me getting to smash soft chickpeas with my hands. I don’t want to admit how much I enjoyed that part. Okay, I’ll admit it. It was fun. You mix those smashed chickpeas with the juice from half a lemon. Toss in the fresh garlic and mix it all together with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
Then you take a baking dish and toss in the orzo, zucchini, red bell pepper, lemon juice from the other half of the lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper.
The final step was to coat the fresh chicken breasts, also provided, with the hummus I mixed together, and bake it all together in the oven.
BAM! I had a complete homemade meal for two.
Hummus Baked Chicken with Feta and Vegetable Orzo
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 cups orzo cooked
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers diced
- 1 1/2 cup zucchini diced
- 12 ounces chicken breast
- 3 tbsp feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use your hands to gently smash the chickpeas in a bag until soft (think mashed potato consistency). Empty smashed chickpeas into medium mixing bowl. Cut lemon in half and add the juice of one half to the mixing bowl, saving other half for the orzo. Add garlic and 2 Tbsp. olive oil, stirring to combine.
- In a baking dish, add orzo, juice from remaining lemon half, 1 Tbsp olive oil, red peppers, and zucchini. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rub both sides of chicken breasts with hummus and place chicken on top of orzo mixture in baking dish. Spoon any remaining hummus over top of chicken. Place baking dish in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken breasts from dish and place onto two plates. Stir orzo, adding another tablespoon of olive oil if it looks dry. Divide orzo between plates and garnish with feta cheese.