These Devils Food Crinkles are a cinch to make because all you need to do is add a few ingredients to your favorite cake mix, bake, and enjoy!
Woohoo! Day 5 of my 12 Days of Holiday Treats series and I feel like I’m up about 5 pounds. At least my math is spot on!
Today, I present to you a wonderfully easy cookie. Do I prefer to cook from scratch? Yes. Do I find these cookies extraordinarily easy to make and am willing to make an exception on occasion? Yes. Are they good? Heck yes.
My sister described these as being similar to a chocolate pop tart. I, having never eaten one, can only imagine. My husband was extremely fond of these cookies as well. And, considering that I had stacks of them in the tupperware only to find about six remaining cookies by the time I split them all up to give away, I’m pretty confident my little thief of a son loved them too.
Cake mixes are easy and fool proof to work with. This recipe literally takes a few minutes to whip up and the final cookie is chewy and delicious.
Devils Food Crinkles
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- confectioners' sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir dry cake mix with oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms. For best results, chill in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Fill small bowl with confectioner's sugar
- Roll balls in confectioners' sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is just set.
- Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.