This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This red pepper marinated Grilled Shrimp with this scratch made Roasted Red Pepper Aioli makes the perfect flavorful summer appetizer or dinner.
This post was made possible by Mezzetta, but all opinions are my own.
I’m not gonna lie – this recipe was good. Like, really good. As in, I just made it and I already can’t wait to make it again.
The foundation of this recipe is Mezzetta peppers. I used both the Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers as well as the Roasted Bell Peppers. Mezzetta truly is one of my favorite brands and I’ve loved every single one of their products that I’ve tried, from their pasta sauce to their olives to these peppers. Those roasted red peppers are darn near perfect – they have the perfect amount of charred roasted flavor and also have the perfect ratio of tasty oil marinate to tender flavorful peppers. They are the best I’ve ever had!
This recipe has two components – the roasted shrimp and the homemade aioli. So many aioli recipes have you combine ingredients with already made mayonnaise. I much prefer to make it myself. The components of a homemade aioli are egg yolks, lemon juice, garlic, and oil. I added some of the Mezzetta Jalapenos and even more of the Roasted Red Peppers and it created the most flavorful and delicious aioli. Keep in mind that this recipe makes quite a bit of aioli – much more than you need for the shrimp. That is a very good thing, however. We’ve been using it as a spread on our sandwiches and my-oh-my does it provide an insane amount of flavor. YUM!
For the shrimp, I used a recipe idea I found from the Mezzetta website. They recommended to use the brine from the red peppers, along with some fresh rosemary and garlic, to marinate the shrimp. This, alone, was a fantastic recipe. The shrimp had the perfect amount of flavor to eat on their own or on top of something like a salad. The rosemary made them especially visually pleasing.
Shrimp is so darn easy to cook. I highly recommend this recipe to serve for dinner, perfect for enjoying while dining al fresco, or as an appetizer. Either way, I guarantee people will love them and will be begging you for the recipe!
Grilled Shrimp with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
- 6 large cloves garlic peeled
- 2 egg yolks room temperature
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Roasted Bell Pepper Mezzetta brand recommended, drained and chopped (Reserve brine for marinade)
- 1 tablespoon jarred Jalapeno Peppers Mezzetta brand recommended
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound large raw shrimp washed, deveined, tails left on
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary minced
- roasted red bell pepper brine
- Place the garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, roasted red peppers, and jalapenos and process until well combined. Scrape the sides.
- While the machine is still running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream until it is completely incorporated and the mixture is thickened.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.