This homemade and easy to make Aloha Granola is made with delicious tropical ingredients like macadamia nuts and dried pineapple, mango, coconut and banana.
Our family loves granola, and nothing quite beats homemade granola. This tropical inspired granola, however, was the best granola I have ever had. I kid you not. I couldn’t stay away from it.
If you’ve ever purchased macadamia nuts or dried mango, especially organic dried mango, you’ll know its not cheap. I’m not gonna lie – once all is said and done this granola is pretty spendy. But once you make it, you’ll agree its worth the price. But here’s a tip for you: watch it VERY carefully while its baking. Your granola will go from perfectly from golden brown to burnt in a matter of minutes. How do I know this? Because I ruined my first batch. I thought I could salvage it but unfortunately, I’m accountable for good looking photos and burnt macadamia nuts don’t really look all that appetizing. Go figure. But, I will say this – ruining the first batch allowed me to make some tweaks in the recipe and I thought the second batch and the recipe you see below turned out a million times better, so it may have been worth it!
As you can see, I used all Trader Joe’s ingredients. I’m sure you can find all of these ingredients at other grocery stores, but my TJ’s had everything I needed.
Including the coconut yogurt I ate with my aloha granola. That combination was out of this world. So delicious!
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried fruit (i.e. pineapple, mango, etc.)
- 2 cups banana chips, roughly chopped
- Mix oats, nuts, and coconut in large bowl. Melt coconut oil, brown sugar, and maple syrup in a saucepan, stirring until well combined. Pour over oat mixture. Mix thoroughly and spread evenly on a jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Stir and then bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown. Do not allow to burn!
- Cool completely, then stir in dried fruits and banana chips.