Green Chile Cheddar Queso
This spicy and creamy Green Chile Cheddar Queso made with real sharp cheddar cooks up in just minutes and is the perfect cheese sauce for nachos or tacos.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar
- 4.5 ounces green chiles chopped and drained
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk flour into butter until smooth. Allow to cook for a couple minutes until the flour becomes fragrant.
Pour milk into butter mixture and whisk to combine. Cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and add Cheddar cheese, green chiles, and seasoning. Stir until cheese is melted, about 1-3 minutes more.
Serve hot with chips or tacos.
- Yields 2 cups
- Highly recommend you grate your own cheddar versus buying pre-shredded. It just melts better.
- You can use frozen/thawed, freshly roasted, or canned green chile
- Make your own homemade taco seasoning for this recipe!
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 260mg | Potassium: 81mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 505IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 0.3mg