Easy Breakfast Potatoes
These oven baked Breakfast Potatoes are soft and tender on the inside, crisp on the outside, and extremely flavorful. Quick, easy, and perfect every time!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 pounds potatoes chopped into bite sized pieces, skin optional (I prefer yukon gold or red, but will use whatever I have on hand)
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary minced (optional, but recommended)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare rimmed baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
Soak potatoes and onions in large bowl of cold water for at least 10 minutes (up to over night). Drain, rinse, and shake off excess water.
In large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss well to evenly coat potatoes and onion with oil and spices.
Arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until tender and golden brown, flipping half way through cooking time, for a total of 30-40 minutes.
Cooking tips for perfect results:
- I used to be afraid to make my own breakfast potatoes. I would spread the potatoes out on the baking sheet and pour the oil on top. Then they'd end up too greasy and some of the potatoes would have no oil at all. I find that tossing the oil and spices with the potatoes and onion in a bowl before cooking puts a perfectly thin and even layer of oil and spice on each little piece.
- I only flip the potatoes once during the cooking process. No need to baby them and constantly stir them.
- Soaking the potatoes and onion in water first will result in perfectly tender pieces that are soft on the inside and nicely crisp on the outside. You will love them!
- Size matters! Try to cut each piece of potato so that they are relatively the same size. This will ensure even cooking. You can make them big or small as long as you're consistent!
- Want a more mild version of onion? Try swapping the yellow onion out with red onion or scallions.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 605mg | Potassium: 988mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 28.1mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 7.6mg