Berry Bread Pudding
Berry Bread Pudding, made with your favorite berries and soft bread, is an easy to prepare dessert that is incredibly rich and decadent.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 8 oz Brioche see note
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups Milk see note
- 1 1⁄2 cups berries see note
Chop the bread or pastries into approximately 1 inch cubes, set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the egg, sugar, milk, and vanilla, & gently whisk together.
Toss the bread cubes into the liquid mixture until fully moistened.
Transfer the bread pudding base into a round or square baking dish or cake pan (approximately 8-9 inches, metal, glass, or ceramic is fine.)
Top the bread pudding base with your frozen berry blend. Frozen berries do work better than fresh, they hold up better to the longer bake time.
Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, turn the pan and remove the foil halfway through the bake time.
Serve warm or chilled, with whipped cream, ice cream, clotted cream, fruit sauces, or just as is!
- Bread: instead of brioche you can use aprox. 2 large pastries or 3 slices Sweet Bread: brioche, challah, croissant are best
- Milk: whole or evaporated is preferred, but others can be substituted
- Berries: frozen recommended, I used 1 part raspberry, 2 parts marionberry, and 3 parts blueberry
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 124mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 0.6mg