Sloppy Joe Casserole
This Sloppy Joe Casserole made from a delicious homemade Sloppy Joe recipe and topped with tater tots just be the ultimate comfort food dinner.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 15 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 2 pound package frozen tater tots
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a large 12-13 inch oven safe skillet, brown the ground beef with the onions and the bell pepper over medium high heat until the meat is fully cooked and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the tater tots and stir well to combine.
Arrange the tater tots in a single layer on top of the sloppy joe mixture in the pan. Cook uncovered in preheated oven until the tater tots are cooked through and golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy!