Italian Pork White Bean and Kale Soup
Italian Pork White Bean & Kale Soup is a hearty and healthy meal that is quick enough to serve as an easy weeknight dinner.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes more if you like it spicy
- 1 cup onions yellow or white, chopped
- 14 ounces white kidney beans (1 14-ounce can) drained and rinsed
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 1/2 bunch kale about 7 large leaves, chopped
In a medium stockpot over medium high heat, cook the ground pork with the seasonings until brown and crumbly, about 10 minutes.
Add onions and cook until translucent while stirring occasionally.
Add broth and beans, bring up to to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
Add kale and simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1015mg | Potassium: 730mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1682IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 3mg