Jicama Slaw is a crunchy, fresh, light, and satisfying healthy vegan salad loaded with shredded veggies and tossed in a light and tangy vinaigrette.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 large jicama or 3 small (about 2 pounds), peeled and finely shredded
- ½ head red cabbage finely shredded
- 2 carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 large red pepper stem and seeds removed, sliced thin
- ½ white onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ tsp chili powder ancho chili powder if you have it
- ½ tsp red chile flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper freshly ground
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
Place jicama slaw vegetables in a large bowl.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
Pour the dressing over the jicama slaw mixture and toss to coat well. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 327mg | Potassium: 453mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3895IU | Vitamin C: 89.5mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1.6mg