Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
These Buffalo Cauliflower Bites taste so much like traditional chicken wings, but are a healthy vegetarian version perfect for a light snack.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup hot sauce (I prefer Frank's Red Hot)
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heavily grease baking sheet with butter. Divide cauliflower into bite sized chunks.
In a large bowl, combine flour, water, olive oil, garlic powder and salt until well combined. Add cauliflower and gently toss to coat each piece evenly. Transfer coated cauliflower to prepared baking and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven.
In large bowl, combine hot sauce and melted butter. Add partially cooked cauliflower and gently toss to evenly coat. Return cauliflower to baking sheet and continue cooking for an additional 20-25 minutes, turning once, until pieces start to turn golden brown.
Remove from oven and serve warm with blue cheese dressing and fresh celery sticks.
- You can use a head of cauliflower and cut the florets or you can buy a bag of pre-cut florets.
- Be sure to cut the florets are on the larger side. If they are too small, they will be mushy. The larger chunks allow the buffalo cauliflower bites to brown nicely while still maintaining some texture.
- Serve the buffalo cauliflower warm. They are still good at room temperature, but serving them warm will make your mouth water.
- For easier clean up, you can line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- The cauliflower buffalo "wings" are easy to stab with little wooden toothpicks. Otherwise, no utensils needed!
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 939mg | Potassium: 122mg | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 28.5mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.8mg