Raw Citrus Beet Salad Recipe
Fresh beets have never tasted so good. This vibrant fresh beet salad will even have non-beet lovers asking for more. This is a gorgeous bright super easy to make super food side dish.
- 3 medium to large beets peeled and trimmed*
- 1 valencia orange with zest
- 1 lime with zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chives minced
Shred beets and add to bowl. Add zest and juice from entire orange. Add zest and juice from lime to taste (this amount is subjective).
Add olive oil and toss to combine. Add salt to taste and toss to combine.
Add chives just before serving.
- You can either thinly shave or grate the beets. Using a food processor with the grater blade will make easy work and easy clean up. You can use a box grater, but beets will splatter and stain.
- Don't discard the beet greens! You can throw them int a smoothie or saute them up as a side dish.
- The grated beets can be dressed and kept in the refrigerator, covered well, for a couple of days. They become more tender but don’t lose their texture, and the mixture becomes even sweeter as the beet juices mingle with the citrus. Toss again before serving.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 28.2mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.7mg