You can't go wrong with the Fall flavors of plum, pear, apple, cranberry, spices and wine in this delicious and easy to make Autumn Punch.
Servings 12 servings
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise
- 1 64 ounce bottle apple-cranberry juice
- 4 medium purple and/or green plums pitted and sliced
- 1 pear seeds removed and sliced
- 1 750 milliliter bottle Gewurztraminer or other fruity white wine
- Ice cubes
Place cloves, cinnamon stick and vanilla bean in a large container with the apple-cranberry juice. Add plum and pear slices. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
Remove cloves (they float so they're easy to find), cinnamon stick, and vanilla bean and discard. Stir in Gewurztraminer. Serve punch with sliced fruit over ice. Omit wine and serve just the juice or add soda water if you want a non-alcoholic version.
If desired, omit the ice and heat the juice mixture with the wine in a Dutch oven or slow cooker until hot.