Damn Good Chicken Wings
These chicken wings are covered in the most delicious homemade dry rub and grilled to perfection. Flavorful tender fall-off-the-bone wings are easy to make!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
One Spoon Dry Rub:
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
Combine seasonings for the One Spoon Dry rub in a gallon sized plastic storage bag. Add the chicken wings and the olive oil. Squeeze and massage the bag so that the spices thoroughly coat the chicken. Refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight (I refrigerated mine for 24 hours).
Set your grill to 350 degrees F. Spray grill with olive oil spray to prevent sticking. Place the wings, skin side up, on the grill and cook for 30 minutes. Flip and cook for another 30 minutes.
Remove from grill and enjoy!
Cooking tips so they're perfect every time:
- Be sure that every part of every wing is coated with the dry rub. You'll be able to taste that flavor all the way though.
- Choose whichever side that has the most fat to face up. That way, the fat will melt into the meat as it cooks make it even more tender.
- Although I recommend cooking these chicken wings on the grill, you can make them in the oven too. Just be sure to cook them on a rack so that you get air flow above and below.
Calories: 121kcal | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 76mg | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.5mg