Summer Berry Sangria
Summer Berry Sangria is a refreshing cocktail made with summer berries soaked in red wine with berry infused vodka and a sweet bubbly ginger ale.
Servings 6 cocktails
- 1 bottle red wine I prefer Pinot Noir but you can use any kind your prefer
- 2 cups summer berries fresh or frozen (I used raspberry, blackberry, and blueberry)
- 4 ounces blackberry infused vodka Wild Roots Vodka recommended
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 ounces ginger ale
Combine wine, berries, infused vodka, and sugar in container and refrigerate over night.
Add ginger ale prior to serving and pour over ice.
- I love marionberry infused vodka. The berry flavor is so intense that it almost has a syrup-like quality. If you can't get this kind of vodka, don't worry. You can use standard vodka and if you want to increase the berry flavor, just add a cup of pureed berries to the mix!
- The ginger ale not only adds bubbles, but it adds sweetness. If you need to make a substitution, you can use club soda or a sparkling water, but you may want to add a bit of simple syrup (in addition to the sugar in the recipe) to make the cocktail sweeter. This depends on how tart the berries are.
- Keep in mind that sangria tastes best when the ingredients have time to soak. You'll need to plan ahead and make the recipe (except for the soda) the day before you want to serve it.
- If you don't plan on drinking the entire pitcher, I recommend adding the ginger ale to the glasses instead of the pitcher. That way, if you refrigerate the leftovers, you won't lose the carbonation.
- If you use frozen berries, there's no need to thaw them first. Since they'll be soaking in the refrigerator for 12+ hours, they'll thaw in the mixture.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.8mg