Pumpkin Beer Chili
Pumpkin Beer Chili, made with pumpkin ale, pumpkin puree, ground beef, black beans and cinnamon was inspired by my popular beer chili recipe.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound ground meat I use grass fed/finished
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 12 ounce s pumpkin ale
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, unsalted
- 15 ounces pureed pumpkin
- 15 ounces white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce more if you want your chili spicier than mild
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
In large skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef with chopped onion and bell pepper until meat is slightly browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Add minced garlic, stir, and cook for a couple more minutes. Add pumpkin ale to meat mixture and stir with a wooden spoon to allow any browned bits at the bottom of the pan to release. Add mixture to large slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients to crockpot. Set slow cooker to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
Before serving, use a potato masher to mash up some of the beans and continue to mash until your chili is as thick as you like. Garnish with freshly grated sharp cheddar and cornbread.
Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1710mg | Potassium: 1843mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 12510IU | Vitamin C: 47.5mg | Calcium: 211mg | Iron: 10.6mg