Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings
Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings are soaked in hot sauce, butter, and vinegar, then coated with ranch seasoning and cooked until the meat falls off the bone.
Servings 8 servings
- 4 pounds chicken wings whole or cut into drummettes and wings with tips discarded
- ⅔ cup hot pepper sauce I used Tobasco
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Combine wings, Tobasco, melted butter, and cider vinegar in a plastic freezer bag. Squeeze to mix and evenly distribute ingredients. Allow to marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours to overnight, occasionally squeezing the bag to ensure the chicken is fully coated.
To cook, heat grill or oven to 350 degrees F. If baking in oven, a grill rack set atop a baking sheet is ideal to give the bottom of the wing a nice dry finish, but not necessary if you don't have one. If using just a baking dish without a rack, be sure to grease the baking dish. Arrange chicken in a single layer on grill or baking dish.
Sprinkle wings with dressing mix and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes until the skin starts to crisp and the meat is pulling away from the bone.
- You can use whole wings or wings where the drumettes have been cut into separate segments.
- I prefer to use Tobasco as my hot sauce but you can use a different kind, if desired.
- Be sure wings aren't touching when they cook to allow them to cook evenly
Calories: 326kcal | Protein: 22g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 668mg | Potassium: 219mg | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 15.8mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1.3mg