Beer Cheese Dip
If you love beer, cheese, and the flavor of ranch, then this easy to make chilled Beer Cheese Ranch Dip should be the game day appetizer you make!
Servings 16 servings
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese about 2 cups, shredded
- ½ cup beer amber ale recommended, amount will vary depending on desired thickness of dip
Using a large bowl and a spoon or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, seasoning mix, and shredded sharp cheddar until well combined and light and fluffy.
Add a small amount of the beer and mix until combined. Continue to add beer until you've reached desired thickness of dip.
Dip is best served with crackers, pretzel rods, or fresh veggies.
Recipe makes 2 cups
- Be sure the cream cheese has been softened so it's easier to mix. I prefer regular cream cheese as opposed to lowfat.
- I always recommend cheese that has been grated off a block instead of bagged pre-shredded cheese. It just tastes better, however you can use the cheese in the bag if it's is more convenient.
- Any kind of beer will work, but I find that a nice Amber Ale tastes best.
- I highly recommend serving this dip with pretzel rods. Beer, cheese, pretzels just go well together. I have no idea why, but they do.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 53mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 523IU | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 1mg