Roasted Rosemary Thyme Chickpeas
If you're looking for a tasty snack packed full of nutritional benefits, you can't beat these delicious and high in fiber Roasted Rosemary Thyme Chickpeas.
Servings 3 cups
- 2 15- ounce cans of chickpeas drained, rinsed, and dried
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt more depending on preference
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400º.
To best dry the garbanzo beans, lay out on a clean dish towel and allow to air dry completely. This may take up to a day however I took a fan and blew it over them because I didn't want to wait. The more moisture they have, the less crispy they will roast up, so be sure to dry them the best you can.
Toss the chickpeas with oil, herbs, and seasoning. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.
Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for a snack later.