Homemade Pea Salad made from simple creamy dressing, crisp bacon, diced hard boiled egg, crispy fried onions, and peas is easy to make!
Servings: 8 servings
- 16 ounces frozen peas reserve about a tablespoon to set on top of salad just before serving
- 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped, can use 2 or 3 depending on preference
- 6 ounces bacon about 4-6 slices, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup fried onion pieces chopped
Prepare dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Prepare salad: Add the peas, hard boiled eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese to the large bowl with the dressing. Gently fold to combine. To keep them crisp, hold off on folding in the fried onion pieces just before serving.
Serve: As garnish, top with reserved peas, some additional crumbled bacon, more fried onion pieces, or chopped chives or scallions just before serving. Enjoy!
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 507mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 676IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg