Tabouli Salad, or Tabbouleh, is a healthy and delicious salad made from bulgur wheat, minced herbs and vegetables, and a light lemon vinaigrette.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup Red Bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup parsley stems removed, minced (about 1 bunch)
- 3/4 ounce mint leaves minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 large scallions minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 medium english cucumber seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Remove boiling water from heat and add bulgur. Stir to combine and allow to sit for about an hour. When done, fluff with fork.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except olive oil. Toss to combine and chill for one hour.
Immediately before serving, add olive oil and toss well to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1370IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg