Fresh Corn Salad
Fresh Corn Salad is an easy summer side dish recipe that is perfect for potlucks. This easy corn salad recipe is loaded with flavor, color and crunch!
Servings 6 servings
- 6 ears corn frozen or can corn can be substituted if fresh is not in season
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 1 orange bell pepper or red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil diced, packed
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
Cook corn using your preferred method. This can be done on the grill or griddle, steamed in a pot on the stove, or in an Instant Pot with about a cup of water for only a few minutes. When corn is cool enough to handle, remove the kernels and add to a large bowl.
If the taste of raw onion is too strong for your liking, you can soak the diced onion in cold water for about a half an hour and drain. Otherwise, just add the onions along with the bell pepper and basil to the corn.
No need to mix the salad dressing separately. Just add the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper to the salad ingredients and toss to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, oil and vinegar, if needed.
Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 391mg | Potassium: 70mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 725IU | Vitamin C: 26.4mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.3mg