Granny's Classic Beef and Noodles
Beef and Noodles using Granny's classic easy 5-ingredient recipe made even quicker in the Instant Pot, but can be made using the crockpot or stove top too.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat cut into one inch pieces
- 22 ounces cream of mushroom soup two 11-ounce boxes from Trader Joe's recommended
- 2 tbsp onion dip mix
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 ounces egg noodles
Add olive oil to pressure cooker pot and set to saute function. Divide meat in half and brown the first half, turning only once. Remove from pot and set on plate. Brown second half of meat.
Add first batch of meat back to the pressure cooker along with any juices that may have accumulated on the plate. Add cream of mushroom soup, onion dip mix, and beef broth. Stir to mix.
Close lid and set to high pressure for 15 minutes. When done, allow to release naturally.
When meat is cooking, cook egg noodles in salted boiling water to al dente doneness, drain, and set aside.
To serve, top egg noodles with beef and mushroom mixture.
To cook on stove:
Brown meat in heavy bottom pot over medium high heat using same procedure. Once all ingredients (not the egg noodles which will need to be cooked separately) have been added to pot, cover and allow to braise at a simmer for at least an hour.
To cook in slow cooker:
Brown meat in heavy bottom pot over medium high heat using same procedure. Transfer to slow cooker with remaining ingredients (not the egg noodles which will need to be cooked separately). Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- I highly recommend Trader Joe's Portabella Cream of Mushroom soup. Every fall I buy enough to last all year because it's a seasonal item.
- I also highly recommend making your own roasted beef broth and storing it in the freezer in quart sized containers. I always have some on hand!
- Stew meat works best for this recipe but if you can't buy stew meat, you want to use beef from a large cut either from the front shoulder or the rear end. Any cuts that says chuck (chuck roast, chuck shoulder, chuck eye-roast, etc.) will work as long as you cut them into bite sized pieces and remove most of the fat.
Calories: 568kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 1682mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 5mg