Open-faced Chicken Salad Sandwich
Open-faced Chicken Salad Sandwich makes for a delicious lunch! This Chicken Salad recipe comes together in minutes with cooked chicken, mayo, tart apple, crisp celery, and pecans for that extra crunch. Served open-faced on a single piece of bread gives you the same satisfaction of a sandwich with fewer carbs!
Servings 4 servings
- 4 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 3 green onions with the whites and start of the greens sliced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 sprigs parsley stems removed, diced
- 1 small apple chopped (skin on, honey crisp or pink lady recommended)
- 1/2 cup raw pecans or cashews
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup greek yogurt or mayonnaise or a combination of both
Combine all ingredients except the yogurt/mayonnaise in large bowl and stir to combine.
Add yogurt and/or mayonnaise and mix well.
Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Serve on a slice of toast with lettuce
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 228IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg