Brown Butter Blondies
Brown Butter Blondies are a sweet and chewy dessert bar. Think of them as vanilla brownies. This blondie recipe cooks a vanilla bean and walnut pieces in butter until the browned butter becomes nutty and delicious. Brown sugar makes them chewy and perfectly sweet. These brown butter brownies will satisfy any craving!
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 whole vanilla bean split lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 8x8x2 metal pan with parchment foil paper.
Over medium heat, melt butter with walnuts and vanilla bean. Stir frequently as it continues to bubble. When the amount of bubbles subsides, there are small brown specs, and it smells like nutty caramel, remove pan from heat.
Add sugar and salt to combine.
After mixture has cooled in pot 4-5 minutes, slowly pour in eggs, stirring constantly until well combined.
Add vanilla, stir to combine.
Add flour and baking powder, stir to combine.
Remove vanilla bean, scraping out as much of the inside as possible and adding to the batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Pro tips for perfect results:
- Instead of greasing the pan, I prefer to line it with parchment paper to make them easy to lift out.
- Do not leave your brown butter unattended while over heat. It can go from perfect to burnt in an instant. It takes a while to get it where you need it but will be ruined if left on a minute longer.
- Remove the blondies from the oven when the edges are starting to brown and the center no longer looks wet. If you think the center needs a little more, you can leave them in the hot pan once you remove them from the oven for another 5 minutes or so before you transfer them to a cooling rack.
Serving: 16g | Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 85mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.9mg