Fettuccine Alfredo, made with a rich, creamy, garlic-infused parmesan sauce and tender homemade pasta, is comfort food at it's finest! This decadent meal can be served on it's own, or topped with cajun chicken or shrimp. You'll never find a better recipe than this one!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound Fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream divided
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese grated
Cook pasta in large pot of salted water. Before pasta is done cooking, scoop out about a cup of hot pasta water and set aside to use for thinning the sauce later, if needed. Drain and set aside.
While the pasta is cooking, add butter and garlic to a saute pan and heat over low heat. Allow to cook until the butter is infused with the garlic, about 5 minutes.
Add 1 cup of heavy cream, stir, and allow to come to a simmer. Increase heat to medium, if needed. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and immediately add in parmesan cheese and remaining heavy cream. Stir to combine. It will take several minutes for the cheese to melt. It will look goopy at first and then the sauce will be creamy and smooth. If sauce needs to be thinned, add additional heavy cream or a bit of the reserved pasta water.
To serve, toss hot cooked pasta in sauce and serve immediately.
- One of the most important pieces of advice I can give you when making Fettuccine Alfredo is to time your recipe so that the sauce is finished right about the same time you take the pasta out of the water.
- It also helps to have your parmesan cheese finely grated. Buy a block of aged parmesan and shave it into the most delectable snow-like pieces using a microplane and it will melt instantly in the sauce.
- If you decide to make that homemade pasta, it only takes 2-3 minutes to cook. Just drop it in a pot of heavily salted boiling water. As soon as it's done, assuming your Alfredo sauce is ready to go, you can either drain the pasta and add it to the sauce or pull it right out of the water and add it to the sauce.
- Top it with a little minced parsley and a dash of freshly grated nutmeg and you'll be in heaven!
Calories: 663kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 182mg | Sodium: 505mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1350IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 367mg | Iron: 1.7mg