Warm Taco Seven Layer Dip
This seven layer dip is filled with taco meat, beans, cheese, olives, and more! Served warm, it makes a tasty and satisfying appetizer dip or dinner!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef grassfed, of course
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1.3 ounces taco seasoning mix I use Trader Joe's 1.3 ounce package
- 1/4 cup water
- 16 ounce can refried beans I use Trader Joe's Refried Black Beans with Jalapeno Peppers
- 12 ounces shredded cheese any kind of Mexican blend i.e. cheddar and jack that melts well
- 15.5 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained (I use Trader Joe's Cuban Style Black Beans)
- 6 ounce can drained weight pitted black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 - 1 cup frozen corn I use fire roasted from Trader Joe's
- shredded green cabbage
- sour cream
- diced green onions
- handful of fresh cilantro diced
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 1-2 fresh jalapenos diced
- tortilla chips
In large frying pan over medium high heat, brown ground beef with diced onions until meat is fully cooked and crumbly. Add taco seasoning and water, stir to fully combine.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large casserole dish, layer ingredients. Start with ground beef, then refried beans, then half of your cheese, then the black beans, then the olives, then the salsa, top with the corn, and cover with remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil. Cook until heated through, about 30 minutes, removing foil last 10 minutes to fully melt the cheese.
Serve with additional ingredients and enjoy!
Make ahead instructions:
- You can prepare this recipe as written, but instead of warming in the oven, store in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
- You will need to increase the cooking time if the seven layer dip is cold from refrigerator storage to ensure all of the layers get heated through.
Make it a meal!
If you want to serve this as dinner instead of an appetizer, set out warm tortillas or taco shells and turn it into a delicious meal. Likewise you can add crushed tortilla chips to the bottom of a bowl, cover it with the warm taco dip, then add toppings. YUM!
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1085mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 558IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 279mg | Iron: 3mg