Blood Orange Frosting
Blood Orange Frosting is a beautifully colored and delicious icing made from fresh orange juice that is thicker than a glaze but thinner than buttercream.
Servings 2 cups
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice from about 2 oranges
- 2 vanilla beans scraped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached, cream together cream cheese and butter until completely smooth.
Add orange juice, vanilla bean, and orange zest. Blend until smooth.
Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, blending until smooth and creamy.
Frosting will have a consistency between a thick buttercream and a glaze.