Guinness Chocolate Sauce
If you've never made your own homemade chocolate sauce, its super easy. This Guinness Chocolate Sauce tastes even better because its made with stout beer!
Servings 8 servings
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup stout beer Guinness recommended
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces semisweet or 60% cocoa chocolate pieces about 3/4 cup
- pinch of salt
In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, and Guinness. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for about 5 min. Remove from heat and whisk in the chocolate, vanilla and salt until smooth and completely melted. Serve warm.
- recipe makes about 1 cup
- Will keep covered in air tight container in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks.
- If cold, warm for 10-20 seconds in the microwave for easy pouring.
- Use on top of ice cream or to make some awesome chocolate milk.
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg