Strawberry Basil Honey Punch
Host the perfect micro-occasion for any summer day or night with this delicious Strawberry Basil Honey Punch made with silver tequila and ginger ale.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- zest of one orange peeled in wide strips
- 2 pints fresh strawberries hulled and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice from 10-15 limes
- 750 ml Silver Tequila and/or Canada Dry Ginger Ale (ratio dependent on how boozy you want your drink)
Add honey and orange peel to a bowl. Boil water and add to honey; stir to dissolve and allow flavors from orange peel to come out. Allow to cool to room temperature.
Macerate strawberries with basil by smashing them together in a bowl.
In a large pitcher, combine cooled honey mixture with the orange peel with the strawberries, basil, and lime juice. Add tequila and/or ginger ale. I enjoyed this drink with just the tequila, just the ginger ale, and then a combination of both and all three variations were delicious, so the amount you add depends 100% on how boozy you want your drink.
Serve over ice.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 55.9mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.5mg