Stuffed Meatball Sliders
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs made with ground beef and pork are stuffed with cheese, baked, and topped with more cheese and sauce for delicious sliders!
Servings 12 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1.15 ounces onion dip mix one packet
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 16 ounces mozzarella use a block, half will be cut into small cubes and half will be shredded
- 14 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 12 rolls heat and serve work best
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine beef, pork, onion dip mix, and dried herbs in bowl. Mix with hands.
Cut half of the mozzarella into cubes. Grate the other half for later use. Wrap meat around cubes of mozzarella to form meatballs, ensuring that the cheese is fully covered. Space evenly on baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until dark brown.
Cut rolls in half and put the bottoms in a baking dish. Add the meatballs, followed by the spaghetti sauce, then top with the remaining grated cheese and the tops of the rolls. Cook in 400 degree oven until the rolls have browned and the cheese is fully melted. Enjoy!
- When you cut the cheese to stuff into the meatballs, base the size of the cubes on how many meatballs you want. If you want small meatballs, cut small cubes of cheese. If you want large meatballs, make the cheese larger.
- The cooking time will depend on the size of your meatballs. Larger will take longer.
- An instant read thermometer should read 160 degrees F.
- Be sure to seal the meatballs the best you can to avoid having all of the cheese ooze out.
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 968mg | Potassium: 391mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 411IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 239mg | Iron: 13mg