Sausage Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Sausage Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole with peppers, mushrooms, onions, eggs, and cheese has everything you want in a savory breakfast in one dish!
Servings 8 servings
- 32 ounces tater tots
- 1 pound ground breakfast pork sausage recipe link to make your own in notes below
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced, any color
- 8 ounces mushrooms diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated and divided
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and cook tater tots in a 9x13 dish until golden brown according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, cook sausage with pepper, mushrooms, and onion in a large saute pan over medium heat until crumbly, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and ground mustard. Add cooked sausage mixture as well as half the cheese. Stir to combine.
To bake, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Pour egg and sausage mixture over tater tots and top with remaining cheese. Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 40-45 minutes until eggs have set, allowing casserole to cook uncovered for last 5-10 minutes so that the top turns golden brown. Serve hot.
- Casserole can be prepared the night before, if desired, and cooked the morning of.
- Breakfast tastes fantastic on it's own, but I love eating this casserole with ketchup and Tobasco.
- Buy pre-made breakfast sausage or make your own homemade breakfast sausage.
Calories: 581kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 237mg | Sodium: 1099mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 613IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 2mg