Basil Pesto Aioli
Basil Garlic Aioli sauce made from scratch only takes a few easy minutes and the result is a flavorful dip or spread that packs a real raw garlic punch.
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil about one large handful of leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced (about 2-3 large cloves)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Place basil, garlic, yolks, lemon juice, and salt in food processor. Pulse to combine.
Turn processor on and slowly pour in olive oil mixed with the vegetable oil. Process until aioli forms, about a minute. Turn processor off, scrap sides, process again until combined.
Serve immediately or store in air tight container in refrigerator until ready to use. Makes approximately one cup.
Makes about 1 cup
- You can make homemade aioli sauce in the food processor, blender or with an immersion blender. I've made it using all three methods and I much prefer the immersion blender.
- This sauce will be thinner than mayonnaise.
- Once fully mixed, taste and add additional salt if desired.
Calories: 193kcal | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 4mg | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 0.2mg