Salmon Patties, made with canned salmon, are super easy to make with a handful of pantry staples.
Servings: 8 patties
- 24 ounces canned salmon 3-8oz cans with no skin/bones or 2-14.75 cans with skin/bones, drained, red or pink salmon
- 2 eggs
- 6 green onions minced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil can use olive oil, increase oil if you like them extra crispy
Drain salmon. If using canned salmon that contains bones and skin, you can either remove them or crush the bones and mix everything together.
In a large bowl, combine the salmon, eggs, green onions, panko bread crumbs, parmesan, and lime juice. Use your hands to combine the mixture. Form them into 8 patties that are no more than one inch thick. If making salmon burgers, you can make the patties larger to fit the bun.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil. When the oil is hot enough to bubble when a bread crumb gets tossed in, add your salmon patties. Be sure to leave enough room to allow space in between each patty. If your pan isn't large enough, you may need to cook them in two batches. Cook until golden brown, about 5-10 minutes, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
Serve warm. They also taste excellent cold on top of salad.
- Recipe easily doubles or triples if you want leftovers, however you may need to cook in batches to ensure they crisp properly.
- Popular reader variations/add-ins include lemon juice, crushed crackers, sauteed yellow onion, corn meal, fresh dill
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 280mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 249IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 258mg | Iron: 1mg