Granny's Monkey Bread Recipe
Granny's Monkey Bread is a sweet, gooey, sinful cinnamon sugar treat that will be loved by young and old alike. Be careful, this recipe is dangerously addictive.
Servings 12 servings
- 24 ounces buttermilk biscuits I used three 8-ounce packages
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon or you can use pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup butter salted or unsalted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
Prepare Bundt pan by heavily greasing with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut each biscuit into four equal bite-sized pieces.
Combine 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a bowl or plastic bag. Drop roll the pieces of dough in the sugar cinnamon mixture and gently arrange them into the prepared Bundt pan.
In a small sauce pan, combine 1/2 cup of the remaining sugar cinnamon mixture (discard remaining or use for another recipe) with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter. Bring mixture just to a boil and then immediately remove from heat. Stir until sugars have fully dissolved. Carefully drizzle the mixture over the rolled dough balls in the Bundt pan.
Bake in center of preheated oven for 30 minutes. Time may vary, see note below.
Allow pan to rest for about 5 minutes, then cover with a large plate and invert. To eat, pull desired amount off with your fingers and enjoy the gooey sweet sinful treat.
- To prepare the night before, follow all steps except the baking part. Cover and refrigerate. Bake as directed in the morning (may need a few extra minutes if its cold).
- Use the kids! Although the heating and melting of the butter should be handled by the adults, let the little ones cut the dough with kitchen scissors and dip each dough ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture!
- Cooking time may vary depending on oven and pan used. Continue cooking until tops are starting to crisp and turn golden brown. To be entirely sure that the monkey bread is fully cooked and not doughy in the center, use a thermometer to verify that the middle has reached 190 degrees F. If the top is getting overly cooked and the center is still not at 190F, lower the monkey bread in your oven or cover with foil to prevent over-browning.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 31mg | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.3mg