Peanut Butter Pie
Homemade Peanut Butter Pie, with a chocolate cookie crust, creamy peanut butter filling, and ganache topping is every chocolate peanut butter lovers dream!
For the toppings (optional):
For the crust:
Process cookies and brown sugar through a food processor until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until moistened. Alternatively, you can transfer crumbs and sugar to a large bowl, add melted butter, and mix by hand.
Use the bottom of a flat bottomed glass to press the crust mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake in preheated oven until fragrant, about 12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
For the filling:
Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Do not over mix. Transfer to a separate bowl.
Using the stand mixer again with the whisk attachment, mix cream cheese and peanut butter until incredibly smooth and fluffy. Mix in vanilla. Add sugar, mix on low to combine, then high to thoroughly mix.
Add whipped cream and mix until fully incorporated, scraping sides well so that everything is mixed.
Pour peanut butter mixture into the prepared pie shell and freeze for 3 hours.
For the ganache:
Gently heat the heavy cream on the stove over medium heat or in the microwave on 50% power until almost boiling. Immediately remove from heat and pour over chopped chocolate and allow to sit, undisturbed, for about 5 minutes.
Stir to combine (chocolate should be fully melted by the time you stir. If not, you can heat in microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments). Allow mixture to cool to a warm, but not hot, temperature. Pour over top of pie and spread to edges. Return pie to freezer for about an hour.
Prior to serving, top with mini peanut butter cups, peanuts, or other peanut butter chocolate inspired toppings. Slice and enjoy!
- Serve frozen or refrigerated. Store in the fridge or freezer, covered, for up to 3 days.
- This recipe calls for unsweetened peanut butter. If using sweetened peanut butter, your filling will be sweeter than mine unless you reduce the sugar. You can always add less sugar, taste, and then continue to add until you reach your desired level of sweetness if using sweetened peanut butter.
- The recipe calls for creamy peanut butter, but you can use chunky if you prefer.
- Recipe will make one large pie
- Nutritional info does not include optional toppings
Calories: 687kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 374mg | Potassium: 362mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 1138IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3mg