This delicious Pumpkin Roll recipe combines moist pumpkin spice cake and a secret ingredient cream cheese filling. You'll love my easy no-mess rolling tips!
To make the cake:
Preheat oven to 375° Line a 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper.
In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Beat in eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in preheated oven, or until top of cake springs back when touched.
With cake still on parchment paper, immediately roll up cake and parchment together while cake is hot, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
To make the filling:
In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, orange zest, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth, scraping as needed.
To assemble cake:
Carefully unroll cake. Gently spread filling over cake.
Reroll cake while peeling away the parchment paper as you roll.
Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
To serve, slice with a serrated edge knife. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
- If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes. If using a stone or ceramic pan, bake time will take longer.
- You may also use a kitchen towel lined with powdered sugar to roll the cake, but I just think parchment paper is the easiest and cleanest method.
- Try your best to prevent cake from splitting as your roll, but if it does, it will still turn out!
- If you have nut allergy concerns, you can omit the nuts or replace with pumpkin seeds.
- Recipe adapted from Libby's
Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 2685IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg