This homemade Pumpkin Bread is everything you want in a fall recipe. It is moist, fluffy, and bursting with fall flavors.
Servings 12 servings
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon I use pumpkin pie spice instead
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup apple sauce no sugar added
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9x5-in. loaf pan. Alternatively, you can line with parchment paper or a foil/parchment liner like I used.
In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 65-70 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Recipe makes one loaf.
- If using a pan lining paper, pull the sides down when you transfer the loaf to the wire rack to allow the pumpkin bread to "breathe".
- This Pumpkin Bread is best stored at room temperature when wrapped tightly as long as it's enjoyed within 2-3 days.
- To freeze, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then with foil. Thaw at room temperature.
- If you like to enjoy your pumpkin bread warm, simply heat a slice in the microwave on half power for about 20 seconds.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 148mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 5566IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg