Sage Breakfast Sausage Recipe
Breakfast sausage is easy to make with ground pork, sage, and just the right seasonings. This delicious recipe can be used to make sausage gravy.
Servings 8 patties
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon sage dried or minced fresh
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes or more if you like heat
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram fresh if you have it
- 1 pinch ground cloves
In medium sized bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients. It's easiest if you use your hands to mix.
Heat a skillet over medium low heat. Form sausage into patties and cook until brown, about 5 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- To ensure that they are fully cooked, you can verify that the internal temperature is at least 145 degrees F when checked with an instant read thermometer.
- Once you'll make this recipe and taste it, take note if you want to adjust the seasonings for next time. Did you think it needed to be more salty, sweet, or spicy?
- If you used dried herbs, try using fresh next time and see which you prefer.
- These breakfast sausage patties can be made ahead and frozen. Just be sure to squeeze out as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. To reheat, completely thaw in refrigerator and then cook in a pan over low heat until heated through.
Calories: 152kcal | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 162mg | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.6mg