Antipasto Pasta Salad
This mouthwatering Antipasto Pasta Salad is filled with delicious cured meats, Italian cheeses, and marinated vegetables and is perfect for a wine picnic.
Servings 8 servings
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup basil stemmed and leaves chopped (about one big handful fresh basil)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil from marinated artichokes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms stems removed and halved
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound pasta I used penne
- 8 ounces salami artisan salami, sliced thick and then into strips
- 4 ounces prosciutto sliced into strips
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella I used one container fresh mozzarella marinated
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives green and/or kalamata olives, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup roasted peppers roasted yellow and red peppers, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup romano cheese grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
To make the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and garlic to a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
While the mushroom mixture is roasting, boil a pot of salted water. Once boiling, cook pasta al dente, about 2 minutes short of recommended cooking time. When done, drain and toss in a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside until salad is ready.
While mushroom mixture and pasta are cooking, cut up all remaining salad ingredients (except for the romano cheese) and combine in a bowl. Once pasta and mushroom mixture have cooled, add to salad and toss.
Pour dressing over mixture, toss to combine.
Can be served right away but tastes even better the next day after flavors have developed.
Calories: 770kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 1276mg | Potassium: 473mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 884IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 318mg | Iron: 2mg