Cheesy Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers
These spicy and zesty Cheesy Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Poppers make the perfect two bite appetizer for any game day celebration.
Servings 20 poppers
- 8-10 medium jalapeno peppers halved lengthwise with seeds and veins removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 8 ounces bacon okay to use ends and pieces or regular bacon, needs to be cooked & crumbled
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded and divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium sized bowl, mix together cream cheese, ranch seasoning mix, bacon, green onions, and half of the shredded cheddar. Mix well to combine.
Fill each well of the halved jalapenos with the mixture and then top with additional shredded cheese.
Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or just until the tops start to turn golden brown and the cheese mixture starts to bubble.
Nutritional information based on one jalapeno popper as a serving.
- If you have sensitive skin or your jalapenos are particularly spicy, you may want to consider wearing latex gloves when handling the peppers. Be very careful not to touch your eyes at any point that day!
- You can use a bag of pre-shredded cheddar cheese to make it easier, but I always find that freshly grated cheese from a block melts better.
- You can use your favorite kind of bacon, but for this recipe I recommend using bacon ends and pieces if you can find them. They are typically less expensive than sliced bacon and work wonderfully in any recipe that requires cooked crumbled bacon.
- Some of the cheese and filling will spill over during the baking process. You can spoon it back in the shell before you take the baking sheet out of the oven. Also, you can line the baking sheet with parchment paper or foil before placing the jalapeno poppers on top for easier clean up.
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 277mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 314IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1mg