Easy Teriyaki Meatballs
Teriyaki Meatballs are baked in the oven and smothered in a sticky homemade teriyaki sauce. They are the perfect party food and easy appetizer recipe!
Servings 18 meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup green onions sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Line a large baking sheet with foil and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Use hands to mix all meatball ingredients together until combined. Roll tablespoon sized balls and place on lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 13-18 minutes until browned.
Make the sauce while the meatballs are cooking. Combine soy sauce, ¼ cup of water, dry sherry, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, just for a few minutes. Turn the sauce into a glaze by separately mixing the cornstarch with the tablespoon of water and then adding it to the soy sauce mixture. Simmer on low until thickened.
Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and toss to coat.
Top with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
Nutritional information based on a single meatball, when 18 meatballs are made from this recipe.
- The smaller the meatballs, the faster they'll cook and the more surface area you'll have to soak up all of that sticky teriyaki sauce.
- Make clean up even easier by lining the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make them ahead of time. Cook the meatballs and keep them in the refrigerator if making the day before or cook them weeks before and store them in the freezer. If frozen, just be sure to thaw fully in the refrigerator. Then, make the sauce prior to serving.
- Keep them warm: I highly recommend keeping them in the crockpot if served at a party as an appetizer. They will be devoured!
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 94mg | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.8mg