Use various cuts of meat to make homemade sizzling homemade Steak Fajitas. These were marinated in an easy fajita seasoning blend with oil and lime juice and then seared in a screaming hot cast iron pan with peppers and onions. Serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, and guacamole for a fantastic meal. This recipe is also fantastic as a make ahead dinner if you are doing meal prep!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1.5 pounds flat iron steak sliced into thin strips against the grain (can also use flank, hanger, skirt, or sirloin steak, etc.)
- 2 Tablespoons fajita seasoning blend
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil avocado oil works well too
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil can substitute with any kind of oil that can tolerate high heat
- 2 large bell peppers stem and seeds removed, sliced into strips (can use red, yellow, orange, green, or a combination)
- 1 large yellow onion thinly sliced
Combine the fajita seasoning blend with the lime juice, olive oil, and water in a resealable plastic bag. Squeeze bag to mix well. Add thinly sliced steak and squeeze the bag to distribute the marinade over the steak. Squeeze all of the air out of the bag, seal well, and refrigerate at least an hour or up to overnight. This can also be frozen at this time if making as a meal prep option.
Using a large skillet (cast iron preferred), heat over high heat with avocado oil. When oil begins to soak, add sliced peppers and onions. Stir well to coat in oil and then allow the vegetables to sear, only tossing every so often to prevent burning. Once the peppers and onions have seared nicely but are still pretty firm, transfer them to a separate bowl.
Add marinated steak along with all of the marinade to the hot pan. Use tongs to separate the meat. Again, only stir every so often to prevent burning. You want the meat to sear if possible. After about 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your slices, the meat should be done. Reduce heat, add seared vegetables, toss to combine, and serve hot.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 514mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1796IU | Vitamin C: 75mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 3mg