Decadent homemade Corn Pudding is a savory souffle that can be made with fresh or frozen corn. If you love corn, you'll love this rich side dish recipe.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 12 servings
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups corn kernels if using fresh you'll need about 8 ears, if using frozen be sure to fully thaw
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil minced
Preheat oven to 350° F. In small bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and melted half cup of butter until blended.
Pulse about half of the corn kernels in a food processor to turn them into more of a "mash".
Heat remaining two tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Add all of the corn and onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme and basil. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
Stir flour mixture and corn mixture into egg mixture. Spoon into a 9x13-inch dish, and bake in preheated oven until set and golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living
- MAKE IT AHEAD Bake as directed, let cool, and then cover and chill up to 2 days. Reheat covered with foil.
- The amount of time needed to bake your corn pudding will depend on your oven as well as the size dish you use. The deeper the dish, the longer it will take to cook.
- How will you know when it's done? Like any recipe that has a ton of eggs (think pumpkin pie), you want it to have a little jiggle when you shake it, but it shouldn't resemble a liquid. It will continue to set while it cools.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 792mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1141IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg