Apple Cobbler is one of the easiest and most delicious fall desserts you can make! This recipe uses a variety of fresh apples with a crunchy sweet topping.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 servings
- 6 cups apples peeled and thinly sliced (see note)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Add apples to a 9x9 baking dish. Toss with lemon juice and cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice).
In small bowl, combine flour, sugar, and egg. Mixture will be crumbly and not fully mixed, but do your best. Cover apples with this crumb mixture. Slice butter into very thin slices and spread as evenly as possible on top of cobbler mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.
- Apples: I prefer to use a variety of apples to give the best taste and texture. Choose from a mixture of sweet and tart. I used a combination of Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Fuji and Jonagold (it was what I had on hand but it worked extremely well).
- This cobbler recipe is excellent on it's own and even better when served warm a la mode with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 343IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg