Waldorf Salad, made with apples, grapes, celery, walnuts, and a tangy dressing, is a classic side dish recipe that is perfect for fall and winter!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 apples cored and chopped into cubes (Sweet apples like Fuji or Honeycrisp recommended)
- 1 cup green seedless grapes quartered
- 1 cup celery thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 6 leaves butter lettuce for serving
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise (or yogurt), honey, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine apple, celery, grapes, and walnuts.
Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to combine.
Serve on a bed of fresh butter lettuce.
- The best apples are crisp, sweet, juicy apples like a Fuji, Jonagold, or Honeycrisp. I prefer to leave the skin on for extra color and flavor.
Plain greek yogurt can be used in place of the mayonnaise, however you may need to add more honey to compensate for the tartness.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 473IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg