Easy Sloppy Joes
Load your buns up with these Easy Sloppy Joes. Ground beef, onion and bell pepper simmer in a flavorful sauce creating the ultimate family comfort food.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 15 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 hamburger buns depending on size
In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook onions, pepper, and ground beef until meat is slightly browned and crumbly, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, ketchup, tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, sugar, oregano, and pepper. Stir mixture into skillet with meat, onion, and bell pepper and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for a minimum of 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Spoon hot sloppy joe mixture onto buns and serve.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1051mg | Potassium: 771mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 24.8mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 5mg