Creamy Cilantro Lime Slaw
This Creamy Cilantro Lime Slaw combines fresh salad ingredients & a tangy dressing to make an outstanding side dish or your favorite fish taco topper.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 small head purple cabbage shredded
- 1 heaping teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3-4 large scallions thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeno stem and seeds removed, julienned or minced
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt same as 5.3 ounce serving
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice from one large lime
- 1 teaspoon lime zest from that same large lime
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- pepper to taste
Shred your cabbage and place in a large strainer in the sink. Sprinkle the salt all over the cabbage and work it in with your hands. Allow to sit for at least 15min to allow the cabbage to get mildly limp.
In a small bowl, combine honey, yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, zest, garlic, and cumin.
In a large bowl, toss together cilantro, scallions, jalapeno, and salted cabbage. Cover with dressing and stir to combine.
Serve immediately or prepare up to one day in advance.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1310IU | Vitamin C: 64.9mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg