Shredded Beet and Kale Salad
Shredded Beet and Kale Salad with a homemade vinaigrette is a healthy, vibrant, and colorful side dish that goes great with family dinner!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 bunch kale stems removed and leaves sliced thinly
- 5 small red beets or 2 large , peeled and grated
- 1 red onion peeled and sliced paper thin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces apple cider vinegar (just over 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled (I prefer herb goat cheese)
Place kale, beets and onion in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix the vinegar and honey together and pour over the veggies, mixing thoroughly. Set aside. (This can be done up to a couple of hours in advance to marinate the veggies.)
Whisk together the garlic, and olive oil. Toss the oil mixture with the kale, beets and onion. Add slivered almonds and goat cheese. Mix and serve.
It’s best the next day as it has the most time to marinate, but it’s great either way!
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 410mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2381IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg