Salmon Patties Recipe
Salmon Patties, made from wild caught canned salmon, are an easy to make dinner recipe favorite in our house and are the best I've ever tasted.
Servings 8 patties
- 2 14.75 ounce cans wild red salmon (or you can use pink salmon like I did in the video)
- 2 eggs
- 6 green onions minced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 lime juiced
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil or sub with olive oil
Drain salmon and pick out all of the good meat you want to use. I'm sure all of it can be used, but I like to discard any bone and skin because I think its gross. Personal preference.
In a medium sized bowl, combine salmon meat, eggs, green onions, panko bread crumbs, parmesan, and lime juice. Use hands to combine and then form into 8 patties that are no more than one inch thick.
Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil. When oil is hot enough to bubble when a bread crumb gets tossed in, add your salmon patties. Be sure to leave enough room to have a good inch in between each patty, so you may need to cook them in two batches. Cook until golden brown, about 5-10 minutes, then flip and cook until golden brown on other side.
Serve warm. They also taste excellent cold on top of salad.
- Recipe easily doubles or triples if you want leftovers, however you may need to cook in batches to ensure they crisp properly.
- Popular reader variations/add-ins include lemon juice, crushed crackers, sauteed yellow onion, corn meal, fresh dill
Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 63mg | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 0.6mg